ORGANIZATION: Tanzania Episcopal Conference (TEC)
POSITION: Coordinator ÔÇô Interfaith Standing Committee on Economic Justice and Integrity of
REPORTING TO: Secretary General
Location: Dar es Salaam
Date Posted: 29.01.2019
Closing Date: 10.02.2019
Background to Tanzania Episcopal Conference (TEC) Website: www.tec.or.tz
Tanzania Episcopal Conference (TEC) hosts the Interfaith Standing Committee on Economic Justice and Integrity of Creation (ISCEJIC). This is a coordinating desk of the joint socio- development work with Christian Council of Tanzania (CCT) and BAKWATA. The ISCEJIC was established in 2008. TEC is seeking a coordinator who is pro-active, self-driven, results oriented and creative with in-depth knowledge of policy processes and advocacy, excellent communications skills, high integrity and ability to work strategically, balanced with proven management skills. Solid process management and time keeping skills are essential.
Roles and responsibilities
The Coordinator will be reporting to Secretary General on the day to day operations. The Coordinator will work closely with members of the Core Team of the ISCEJIC, Technical Committee of the ISCEJIC to execute a variety of tasks related to policy outreach, advocacy, campaign, dialogue and stakeholder engagement at levels. Although a TEC staff member, the Coordinator will collaborate closely with all members/SGs of the CCT and BAKWATA.
Coordinators duties includes but not limited to
- Communication and coordination among ISCEJIC members
- Prepare, plan and write ISCEJIC annual proposal and work plan
- Oversee implementation of planned activities
- Report writing
- Business development for emerging opportunities
- Review and development working and implementation strategies
- Manage partners and donor relations
- Build and strengthen networks and partnerships with other likeminded organizations.
- Capacity building of the standing committee members, interfaith committees at local level
- A BachelorÔÇÖs degree in Political Science, Law or other Social sciences is mandatory (Masters degree preferred)
- A Minimum of five (5) year/s working experience in a relevant field would be an added advantage
- Experience in working interfaith and with faith-based organizations, and ability to identify with the values of the members, is an added advantage.
- Good analytical and evaluation skills.
- Good organizational skills with proven ability to perform effectively with minimum supervision or direction.
- Strong communication skills in English and Swahili (oral and written).
- Effective interpersonal and presentation skills.
- Experience with policy and advocacy work.
- Computer skills in Microsoft Office tools.
Please submit your application to the e-mail address of Catholic Secretariat
Subject Line ÔÇô ISCEJIC Coordinator Application
Only electronic applications are considered. In the subject line of your email, please state clearly
which position you apply for. The application should consist of a brief motivation letter and CV, compiled into one document of maximum 4 pages. The document name should start with your name and include which position you apply for. E.g. <Erick Egid ÔÇô ISCEJIC Coordinator Application >. In your CV, please state your sex and date of birth. Certificates are not of interest at this stage. Applications failing to meet these requirements or sent to other email addresses will not be considered. If you do not hear from us, please consider your application unsuccessful. TEC reserves the right not to make an appointment/contact.
TEC is an Equal Opportunity Employer and women are encouraged to apply.
Application deadline is 10th February 2019